Cajun Coconut Shrimp Pasta
Cajun coconut shrimp pasta
300g shrimp (Peeled, Cleaned)
1 cup pasta of choice
6 TBSP Cooking oil
1 Medium onion
2 TSP Cajun spice mix
1 cup chopped bell peppers
½ cup Cooking/Coconut cream
Salt, Pepper to taste
** Optional Mushrooms of choice
- Season shrimp with the cajun spice and 2 TBSP of oil. Mix well and set aside
- Cook pasta in 2 cups boiling water, 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp salt 8-10 minutes
- Once cooked drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oils in a pan on high heat, cook shrimp on both sides 1-2 minutes. Set aside
- In the same pan, add 1 TBSP oil, and roast onions until fragrant.
- **If you use mushrooms, add them here and roast for 2 minutes.
- Add diced bell peppers and roast for 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower heat, pour in the (coconut) cream and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add back the cooked shrimp, followed by the cooked pasta.
- Mix, simmer for about 2 minutes
- Serve and enjoy
Follow me on social media!
Currently residing in the Netherlands